In simple words, an e-commerce website is an online portal which allows shoppers to place their orders for different products and services and make transactions. This allows companies to take their businesses to the digital landscape, display products and services very well, and encourage customers to make transactions. When you are in the E-commerce business, always keep in mind that Consumer habits change rapidly. It makes it difficult for you to sell even the most useful products.
It is an undisputed fact that E-commerce website design plays an important role when you make a lead. Attractive & professionally built online shopping portals have the potential to grab the attention of even the most reluctant customers. So, what the main design elements an E-commerce website must have? Let’s mull now.
1. Website Design with KISS Approach
Making a website simple and clear to visitors is very difficult. Of course, while creating websites, no one aims to mislead visitors and confuse them. You should create a very convenient and simple E-commerce site that helps shoppers to easily find the desired stuff and make transactions one after another. So, follow the KISS approach while creating websites. KISS= KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE.
A Google study found that visually simple sites with high prototypical nature were more attractive to users than a visually complex website. Website engineers, developers, designers, architects, and programmers can implement the KISS formula on E-commerce websites by following these recommendations:
- The absence of Unnecessary advertisements, Popups, AutoPlay video and Audio, redirections, etc,
- A simple and easy-to-understand Homepage of the site,
- Limit Menu Items up to 7 only if possible,
- Plenty of White Space,
- A Search Bar on the Top,
- Properly designed and placed CTA Buttons,
- Avoid the use of Dropdown Menu,
- Uniform colour pattern across the site and
- Regular Testing of the website for Errors.
All frequent online shoppers love to browse simple and easily usable E-commerce websites and purchase the desired products.
2. E-commerce Website Design with A Mobile-First Approach
A large number of online shoppers all over the world different mobile devices to purchase products and services online. So, all leading E-commerce brands always want to fully capitalise the business opportunities flowing through small screens. Make sure that your E-commerce website is responsive to different mobile devices. Ask your designer or developer to perform this job. You must create and optimise your E-commerce website with a mobile-first approach. This will help users to find your website or its pages in the SERPs of different search engines (while doing online shopping through different mobile devices). Mobile responsive E-commerce websites always rank in the top search results of Google and grab more business opportunities for their owners.
3. Use Professional & High-Quality Images on Your Website
Quality product images are a great opportunity to reach potential customers. They increase sales and contribute to the dissemination of information on websites and social networks. Invest in quality product photos. The audience should see the products you offer in the best way and make instant decisions accordingly. You can click product images yourself or hire professionals to do the job.
4. Simplify the Purchase Algorithm as Far as Possible
It is important to remember that the owners of the best e-commerce sites work hard to make online stores simple and clear for users so that they can easily buy goods. You should make the product buying process easier as far as possible. For this, you can do the following:
- Add a Shopping Basket to your website, which allows visitors to add/remove desired products to the shopping list, see their total cost, and details of all the products before making a final transaction,
- Ask only a few information when customers sign-up on your website to purchase products,
- Allow customers to purchase products through social media order placement facility,
- Proper placement of CTA buttons and payment Gateway channels.
5. Focus on Website Navigation
Successful online stores use multi-level navigation as shoppers on an eCommerce site can move in different directions in search of different products and services. Website navigation should guide them all the times to find what they want. So, do not complicate the main menu. Keep in the simplest form as far as possible. If you keep more than six pages on your website, you can make use of the drop-down menu and internal pages. The classic menu should be located at the top of each page of the site because people move between product pages, galleries, and catalogues. While moving from one place to another on the site, shoppers may consider dozens of products for purchasing. So, keep the website menu is simple and straightforward. Customize the footer navigation, change the order of the links, experiment with the name of pages and try to hide sub-pages to help customers easily find the desired products on your website.
6. Use the Power of Social Media Networks
Social networks can be really useful in E-commerce website design, optimization, and marketing activities if used correctly. Millions of people spend countless hours on such sites every day every day. Thus, if you post an ad or depict the utility of your company there, people will click on it and see what you have in stock for them. Try to pay more attention to your products because it will help you to increase your sales. Highlight the points that emphasize the product and its use will give the customer a better idea that will help them make a purchasing decision easily and quickly.
7. Make Your E-commerce Website Safe for Use
Different types of online security issues create a wave of panic and horror among frequent online shoppers and discourage them to reduce or completely stop online shopping. It is because nobody wants his/her data accessed by unauthorised thugs and cybercriminals and stay away from the repercussions of the use of the stolen data. So, ensure customers that your E-commerce website is safe for use. Add SSL certificate to it, use Security plugins and Extensions to detect suspicious activities around your website, and immediately block human and machine Spammers that intend to damage your website by diverting junk traffic to it. Online shoppers never hesitate to perform online shopping on safe E-commerce websites.
Fluctuations keep happing in the E-commerce business. To stabilise your E-commerce business and keep earning a healthy income every day, fresh and creative ideas should be used on E-commerce websites. Use these website design tips to attract the attention of your customers and make them feel comfortable as 100% customer satisfaction is the key to increasing sales with each passing day. Good Luck!
Marie Thomas is a professional web designer and developer who is great at delivering focus in her writings. Currently, she works as a Senior writer for Wordsuccor. A Wordsuccor is one of the leading WordPress eCommerce development company , which has a clear insight in presenting quality work to their clients. Want to know more about her?
You May Like To Read More About “Web Design Ideas”
- Why You Should Choose a Professional Website Design Service?
- 5 Best Websites To Watch Sports Online
- Top Reasons for Custom Website Theme Design
- Why Should You Choose WordPress for Your Website Design?
- Tips To Hire Web Designer in Las Vegas
- Several Crucial Different Parts Of Website Design
- 7 Instagram WordPress Themes for Your Business
- Get Your Professional Logo With Simple To Use Designer
- How To Design Logos the Right Way
- Compelling Tips To Manage Your Marketing Campaign
- Importance of Website Architecture For Web Design & Development
- How To Create The Perfect Home Page
- Secure Your WordPress Website with 10 Simple Tricks